Is "error with request" better than "invalid details?"

Sandra Murphy

gphalen
7 years ago

I’ve been stuck on this level, but my most recent attempt was this: >> realname=Sandra Murphy' or 1=1 or ‘a’=‘a

Which doesn’t work, but gives me the error “Error with request” rather than “Invalid details.” Is this a sign that I’m getting closer, or just a different type of error?

7replies
3voices
245views
YotM0DSeeker
7 years ago

With this error you now know the type of vulnerability. I recommend having a look to this page https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Attack. You should find out how to use this vulnerability.

gphalen
7 years ago

Hmm, not sure that I follow. There’s lots of types of attacks listed and I can’t see any obvious similarities with the ones I’m familiar with.

This is my most recent attempt: >> a'=‘a’ or 1=1 or realname=‘Sandra Murphy

I thought the issue might be the order I was listing things, and this amends that, but still doesn’t work.

YotM0DSeeker
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

By looking at the hint you can guess that it is not a SQL injection, look at other injections that exist

dimooz
7 years ago

Not sure the order the things are listed is the solution to your problem…

gphalen
7 years ago

@YotM0DSeeker Oh, I’m aware that it’s >> an XPATH injection. I thought you were hinting at something else.

@dimooz Not sure what to make of this, but I’ll keep plugging away.

YotM0DSeeker
7 years ago

Oh ok. So if you know what it is you’re on the good way. You just have to keep trying until you get it right :) And having “error with request ” just means that you did an injection but it is not correct. When you have “Invalid details” means you wrote something that wasn’t interpreted as a request. So we can say that when you have “error with request” you’re getting closer to the solution.

gphalen
7 years ago

Ahhhh, finally got it. Will close this now.

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 8

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss