a nice way without chanjing source

Intro 3

heartblead2
5 years ago

a hint: remember a alert can show you every string/integral even just with the variable name. there are a few paths for selution. a harder clue if you steal strugeling:

type:alert(thePasswordVariable)
in the site consule

3replies
4voices
173views
Reply has been removed
Smyler [WHGhost]
5 years ago

There is no need to use alert. Simply enter the variable name and the browser will display its value in the console. Browsers are very powerful tools now day, this is a very simple function, and if you are interested, you should have a look at the debugging capabilities of your browser in details. You will discover that you can do much more advanced stuff.

sterlingRory
5 years ago

I’ve been trying to edit the javascript if statement at the beginning of the html to where no matter what I enter it thinks it’s corret. Is this wrong, or do I need to re-learn javascript?

Smyler [WHGhost]
5 years ago

The password you are providing is sent as a get parameter, so no matter if you bypass the client test, the server still knows what the real password for the level is. That’s not the right way to do it, but it was a good idea. Remember you have full control over the code as it is being ran on your browser, you can see what it does, edit it, and so on.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 4

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss