Curious about something

Nastyblood
6 years ago

I was trying to solve this level without doing the math… I tried something and I dont really get what I’m doing wrong.
So the code looks like this :

if (condition):
grant access
else
dont grant access.

I changed it to if(not condition)
using firebug and tried entering a random password it didnt work .
Can i get a hint please ? I really want to do this without the math :P

8replies
4voices
239views
xSharki
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

```<?php

$hi = ‘Hello world’;
if($hi === ‘Hello world’) {
// Then there’s no matter if you do echo $hi; or echo ‘Hello world’; right? :)

}  

?>```

Nastyblood
6 years ago

Well It’s always gonna print a Hello world if you put it …

Which is why i thought that if i change the code to

if ( !condition):
grant access
else:
dont grant

so now if i input a random password that wont match the condition i will still get access..
or not ?
The thing is that I’m challenged to make these levels without learning javascript :P but basic programming knowledge can work here.

xSharki

It doesn’t work because this.

{ document.location = "2?x=" + length; } ```  
[u]  
*2?x=+lenght[/u] is going to redirect you to the page that'll tell you "successful level". you know?*  

<?php
$lenght = ‘Something’;
$password = $_POST[“password”];

if($password == $lenght){

header('Location: nextpage'.$password.'.php');  

}else{

echo "Dawg, your password isn't correct!";  

?>
```

well, if you know about programming you should know what’s going on when you’re changing the code in something like

if($password != $lenght){

Yeah, you’re right, everything except what “lenght” means, it going to be the right one, but then you’ll be redirect to something like * “nextpage(whatyoutypedhere).php” * , and that’s not the right page.

Nastyblood
6 years ago

Oh okayyy deal so i need to redirect to what it actually is not what i typed…
see I didnt understand the redirection part :P
Thanks a lot!
I guess i got it now

xSharki

Yep tho, what I wanted to say you with my first post is that you don’t need to follow all those variables, if the total is in one of them, just print it.

Nastyblood

Tbh i dont know how to print variables in java :P
As I said i have general knowledge about programming, some object oriented using c++ but not java :P
So I was figuring out the syntax from reading the code , but unfortunately there was no print syntax in the source :P

EDIT: Well i looked out how to print the password since changing the code didn’t work …
Probably need to understand java more…

fred [feuerstein]
6 years ago

JavaScript!=Java

Smyler [WHGhost]

The correct way to output something to stdout in java is using
System.out.println("Hello Word!");
It adds an extra line feed character to your string, use the print method if you don’t want it.

As @feuerstein pointed out, you are probably mistaking java and javascript. They are two very different languages. The correct way to output something in javasccript is using
Console.log("Hello World!");
Again, it adds an extra line feed at the end. The output is either printed in the browser’s console or to stdout in Node.js .

Javascript and java syntax may seem similar, but they serve two different purposes and use two different syntax. Have a look at this .

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 9

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss