finding <script></script>

_simple_sam
9 years ago

I can’t find the relevant JS — and it occurs to me that this whole hacking thing would be substantially quicker and easier if you could just click on a form and somehow find out all the bits of script (event listeners) that are attached to it! Surely there is such a thing? If not why doesn’t someone write it immediatelllllly!

3replies
3voices
211views

I don’t know if this thread is a question or a comment. Since you already completed JavaScript Level 2, I suppose that you don’t need hints anymore. Remember to close this thread as well.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago

This is already possible in Chrome’s Developer Tools. Inspect the target element, click Event Listeners on the right side of the screen. Here is a list of all the listeners attached to that element, including what code will be run on each and where that code is in the source files.

_simple_sam
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

Actually it was a question though I guess perhaps off topic? I would love to know a way to simply find all scripts attached to an element. I’m sure there must be some way? Ah just saw your post Flabby. Yeah I guessed that should be the case but didn’t see to work. I tried googling to see and I think the issue s because the event handler is written using Jquery rather than JS directly … So it shows the JQuery handler in the actual library rather than the code that I want(if that makes sense). Ooops and I closed the thread, so probably can’t answer me now :( I will search more online - there must be a way!

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 4

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss