Issue on Firebug with firefox

Intro 10

mubai34
9 years ago

When trying to add the relevant alert after the “incorrect pass” alert, using firefox’s firebug it seems that the modified script gets reevaluated.
This causes “code…” to be a valid password for the JS (but of course, not for the PHP). The series of alerts caused by this is a bit strange (“wrong pass”, “wrong pass”, “[empty]”, “wrong pass”, “code…”), but anyway they give no clue of the needed password for the PHP.

I managed to work around this by downloading the page and changing the actual source, but people using firebug (and any other tool which reevaluates the modified script) will indeed not be able to find the needed code using an alert in the submit function’s code. And that might be the source of the difficulties people describe regarding this level.

A simple fix for that would be separating thecode’s assignment to an inline script of it’s own, above the script it is currently included in.

3replies
3voices
192views
Mystery [kapuccino]
9 years ago

Because you already solved this level, I believe it would be better if you moved this thread into Solutions section.

mubai34
9 years ago

I have no idea how to move threads from place to place (unless you mean deleting this thread and opening a new one)…

Anyway, this issue was found before I solved this level. Solving only showed me that this was indeed a tool behavior and that I am not losing my mind :)

I believe this message is not a spoiler (unless this behavior is part of the challenge here?), and that it can save a lot of frustration to people who found the needed means, but their tool is playing tricks on them.

But if you or any admin believes that this info should be in the solutions, feel free to move it wherever you think is appropriate.

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
9 years ago

Don’t worry mubai34, I think in your message there is no big spoil so that place is good for that message :)

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 4

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss