i am lost and dont know what to do

Intro 4

Ghacker1235
10 years ago

hat does it mean by hiden fields and how do I access the hiden fields?

30replies
21voices
654views
1image
guuf
10 years ago

Just like the other levels, start with the source code, examine it closely, looking for something extras! Then, its all about knowing what to do with it. Make sure you check the old Forum Post the answers are there.

James Singh [cpn1000]
10 years ago

OK big hint there is some thing you have to copy and paste it to the rest of the url and then boom there you go.
Don’t that me thank them

Ghacker1235
10 years ago

ok thanks guys

UnethicalClown
10 years ago

SOURCE CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH

UnethicalClown
10 years ago

Im sorry for saying it like that just search for pass

amerouadah
10 years ago

a lot of fun right here guys ..!! hhhh

Ghost [icehead]
10 years ago

yep use the source vode

smart.hashmi21
10 years ago

i am lost guys in livel 4 what should i do

? [djsimon21]
10 years ago

read the hint and follow the rabbit :) remember source code is a good place to start :)

mobilecrackers
10 years ago

copy and paste something on address bar

ESPioGre
10 years ago

How can I display the hidden fields ?

guuf
10 years ago

ESPioGre, this a English site, please use a translator like Google. http://translate.google.com/ Your question is" How can I display hidden fields?“ Start with the source code, examine it closely, looking for something extras! Then to the URL with it.

dansmith2000
10 years ago

Guys i have gone through the whole thing and the url like 1000 times could someone please give me another clue?

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Have a look at the source code again. Use firebug and inspect the password element
using what you see there in front of you. It’s not hard just look at the code. :)

fmath974
10 years ago

Hello
what we must doing after ?
How we found the usename?
sorry I’m french

dorinnnette
10 years ago

Je suis francaise, je ne comprends pas le hint, je gale, aidez moi svp je l'ai traduis sur google traduction mais ca ne m'aide pas

dorinnnette
10 years ago

I’m french, i don’t understand, please help me

dorinnnette
10 years ago

I’m French, I don’t understand, please help me.

Allemagne [allemagne]
10 years ago

Value is hidden in the script.

guuf
10 years ago

dorinnnette, welcome to hackthis. Learning to read the source code and understanding what some of it means. For Main level 4 they want you to understand how changing directory works and reading some Javascript. Look at the url address for this very page (look above) https://www.hackthis.co.uk/forum/level-discussion/main-level-4/1379-i-am-lost-and-dont-know-what-to-do#latest This shows the website of hackthis.co.uk as the web address and /forum; as a change in the directory to the forum branch of the hackthis.co.uk website tree, /level-discussion; branches to the level-discussion section of the website subdirectory, /main-level-4; branch to main-level 4 section. By changing whats in the url https://www.hackthis.co.uk/forum/level-discussion/ for example will put you on that branch in the sub directory. So try different changes to the; http://www.hackthis.co.uk/levels/m4.php level involving something extras you see in the source code. http://www.hackthis.co.uk/levels/

fmath974
10 years ago

if I am in a page 404 it’s a good way?
Sorry I’m french too

fmath974
10 years ago

if I am in a page 404 it’s a good way?
Sorry I’m french too

0xDC
10 years ago

A few basic steps I always do is:

1. Seek for information that a webmaster does not want to be indexed by search engines, meaning check the robots.txt in the root of the website (http://www.website.tld/robots.txt). This might give you valuable information.

2. Check the source code: Search for the part that executes the mechanism that you are trying to bypass. In this case search for the form that logs you in. Sometimes there might be javascript functions that are executed when pressing the submit button.

If you see a function name within the form tags, you can read the javascript source code of that function and try to understand what this function does. If you understand what the function does, you might be able to bypass it.

Sometimes these javascript functions might be in the same source as the form you’re trying to break, but sometimes they might just be included. If you can’t find the javascript function name, search for and read all these included javascripts until you find the right function name.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions just drop me note.

Cheers,
0xDC

i dont knw what imsuppose to look for sigh

Statey
10 years ago

in general it always helps to read previous forum posts.

I think if you go through forum especially in main levels, there are many hints in Forum.

Please do not expect another person to do the work for you its not what this is for.
Its about you. you are supposed to learn something. so take your time and read through forums, do a research on the internet, learn a programming language etc.

i figured out both 2 n 3 k i figure out the whole paste url n thing…. the issue is im nt aware what to look for and i knw programming languages…smh thnks though

Statey
10 years ago

Read the source code, its said explicit there. than use the information given in the source code and username and passwort are clearly writen there.

it then looks like:
<username> </username> <password> </password>

Cyan Wind [freewind1012]
10 years ago | edited 9 years ago

@Keishan.French: Except for Main Level 7, every level in Main Level can be done by viewing and understanding source code.

Shadowhell
9 years ago

I just can’t …… to me is really hard

rushA [xzy123prog]
9 years ago

Try reading the forums, there are plenty of threads for you to read. Look at the hint as well and look where it tells you to.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 31

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss