Hidden file not found

Intro 4

just_a_shadow
6 years ago

please help me in level 4. i am stuck in this level badly. I found something hidden like ( ../../extras/ssap.xml ) i search for many html links but i didn’t find this hidden file anywhere. i don’t know WHAT IS ../../ ? i search in google but it say a story about parent and child directory.

17replies
8voices
270views
Itra7
6 years ago

you need to delete something and copy it
Think

3 replies have been removed
just_a_shadow
6 years ago

i tried a lot but i was unable to do that. please explain a little bit what should i delete and what should be copied? :(

fred [feuerstein]
6 years ago

[quote=just_a_shadow]…it say a story about parent and child directory[/quote]

thats right, follow that path

just_a_shadow
6 years ago

where should be that directory?? will it be somewhere online? or my local directory??

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

It’s the goal of the challenge to figure it out.
I would say this challenge is also a good opportunity to start learning how to use a terminal. It’s quite related, I you would discover lots of new stuff, and you would figure how to solve the level completely by yourself, in such a way that you would remember it easier.
With the correct knowledge, this level takes less than a minute to be solved, and is very easy.

just_a_shadow
6 years ago

can i perform this task at my window pc? or i should install a linux flavor to use the terminal and perform this task?

fred [feuerstein]
6 years ago

you would be able to do even with your mobile. only a browser is needed

just_a_shadow
6 years ago

i am still very much confuse what to do? i search a lot in my local directory for “extras” and “ssap.xml” file but i did'nt get it. then i tried to open each link in the page source and search within these pages but still i did'nt find anything useful. i am stuck badly in this level 4 i really don’t know what to do next. PLEASE HELP!

fred [feuerstein]
6 years ago

nothing more to say here. my last answers are nearly spoiling the solution. maybe hacking nor computer science is not the right thing for you

hackita [shubham_53]
6 years ago

type in search bar

[deleted user]
6 years ago

This one threw me for a loop initially. I use the command line daily and got caught up thinking about local directories. But then I walked to my fridge and remembered we’re trying to hack the site; not our own computers.

Don’t get hung up on your hardware and get to know the software that has been served to you (and how it was served).
else:
this may not be the path for you

MAD_HOLUB
6 years ago

I feel a very strong need to criticise some of you. Even though you should not give him the solution, you most definitely should not discourage him and tell him that this is not the right path for him! You have forgotten how you started. This person obviously isnt a computer science major, but it does not mean he wont be better than all of us sometimes in the future. If you think he does not have the skills to solve this, just point him to the right direction. Maybe some advice where, or what to learn could be more encouraging than “this is not for you ?! Remember how you started. Think about how it would feel when you couldnt write simple code and someone experienced would have told you that you are simply not good enough for programming/CS. Its not only bad advice, its also very stupid

hackita [shubham_53]
6 years ago

That’s true…

dimooz
6 years ago

When someone doesn’t understand something (like “../../”) then he could look for some explanation by himself, before posting some noob questions like this one on the forum. Everybody can ask its favorite search engine, I think everyone must learn on their own at the end.

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

It doesn’t mean the person should stop trying, and I fully agree with @MAD_HOLUB , telling people to quit trying is useless and irrelevant.

just_a_shadow
6 years ago

I respect to all of you. i appreciate the way you are giving your precious time to the person like me who does not even know the ABC of Hacking. this is more then my expectations from your side. I will definitely try my best to successfully clear this level. because this field of hacking is my passion. I love this field, and i want to rise like a master of this field and give protection to the world of Internet.
Stay bless my Friends…..

just_a_shadow
6 years ago

Thanks a lot for the comments to boost my Enthusiasm. I successfully done it. :)

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 18

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss