7voices
240views
? [bolofecal]
7 years ago

You probably doing something wrong.

Reply has been removed
BlackVikingPro
7 years ago

A programmer calculator will do. Also, you can translate it using: http://www.asciitohex.com/

Reply has been removed
[deleted user]
6 years ago

@BlackVikingPro thank you for the link it helped me a lot! ;)

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

You should understand how binary works and try to translate it yourself. That’s a greate exercise and something you definitely need to know if you want to progress in hacking.

[deleted user]
6 years ago

@WHGhost ok I’ll make some research about the binary and how it works..
Simple question what’s mean your signature? Sorry I’m a beginner on this.
Regards

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

It’s a bash command that writes an other command to your .bashrc files.

Bash is the default shell on most modern *nix distribution like MANY Linux distribution.

root@computer:/# is the prompt of a debian like system, it tells us that we are the root user (admin) of the computer named computer and that we are working on the main root directory (/). The command itself follows the prompt.

echo is a command that prints the double-quoted text that follows.
The >> symbols redirect the output of the previous command to a file. Because there is two symbols it’s appended to the file, if there were only one the file would be overridden.

.bashrc is a file runned by bash when you open a new shell (login physical terminal or ssh, oppening a terminal gui etc…)

So the “ls -laR /” command is runned each time you open a terminal once you have executed my signature. ls is a short for list and is used to list the content of a directory. The -a tag stands for all, so even hidden content (with a name starting with a dot) will be listed. The -l tag adds extra information, and make each element use a full line. The -R tag stands for recursive, and make the sub folders be listed as well.

So it spams the terminal with lots of data each time you login. It can be stopped by a keyboard interrupt (Ctrl + c).

[deleted user]
6 years ago

Thanks for the detailed explanations @WHGhost, it will take me a few years to try to understand all of this but go for it!
Regards

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

You can learn quickly this sort of thing, try to find a good tutorial on how to use Linux and it will explain all of this stuff.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 9

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss