I suck at finding correct directories

Library Gateway

derpderp [rsyed]
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

Hey all,

This is the closest directory path I’ve gotten that would give me access to the user/pass? Obviously I know my directory path is still wrong, but what am I missing to find the correct path?

https://www.hackthis.co.uk/levels/real/2?user/members/username/password.htm

Possibly place /extras/ between /levels/ & /real/ might be a step closer? Not sure..

The first part was taken from the code:

document.location = "/levels/real/2?user=" + document.getElementById('username').value + "&pass=" + document.getElementById('password').value;   

The second part was taken from the obvious portion of code:
URL= "members/" + username + " " + password + ".htm";

If you are useful in the answers below, I thank you greatly, if you repeat to me what others have said in other threads, please don’t post.

3replies
2voices
190views
Mugi [Mugiwara27]
5 years ago

Soooo, you guessed an “obvious” url and you didn’t even try to run it in your browser ?

derpderp [rsyed]
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

I afraid your ^ hint wasn’t that helpful to me. But in any case I think I made some progress. As little progress as it may be, I get a Correct Status code (200 Ok) from the Inspect Elements page using the following URL:

https://www.hackthis.co.uk/levels/real/2?user&pass/members/username/password.htm
[/Spoiler]

Unfortunately it still gives me invalid details, so I’ll keep trying things around and looking at the source code from a different perspective.

I’m also confused about the empty quotations in the URL:
members/" + username + **" "** + password + ".htm"
Does this mean, this is where the other subdirectory is meant to go?
[Spoiler]
(/levels/real/2?user=“”&pass=“”)

I think I’m blind to see what is obvious to others :(

Reply has been removed
Mugi [Mugiwara27]
5 years ago

I almost gave you the solution in my previous post :p

why do you keep trying path/2?user&pass/members ?

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 4

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss