Found the Safe Transfer account... now what?

Planet Bid

Silver [Voidstar]
8 years ago

Okay, so:
[list][] I’ve found how to log in as admin
[
] Then I’ve found out what Mayhem’s email is, and who the scammer is
[*] And I know what the scammer’s Safe Transfer account is, as well as the email used in it[/list]
But I’m unsure where to go next :(
I’ve tried using the password recovery function, intercepting the mail and changing it with my own, hoping that it would email me the password… but no luck, it says incorrect details, as I thought.
Pointers, please?

13replies
6voices
408views
Mugi [Mugiwara27]
8 years ago

Let’s talk about it in PM or we would spoil :p

Hello, Mugiwara27. i am actually in the process of this level and the problem is : i can’t find how to connect to email* beta and to Safe transfer. maybe could i PM you for some hints/help ?

kifkaf
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

I am in the exact same situation right now
(help is needed)

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
5 years ago

Explain yourself a little bit please

dimooz
5 years ago

At this point, I’m pretty sure you already got everything you need. Just think about it again. Maybe what you’re asking for is just under your eyes.

Do you know what daisy chaining is? Maybe you can use similar technique for both parts of credentials (hint inside).

@Mugiwara just tell me if I said too much, I could remove this post.

kifkaf

-logged in to planet bid as admin.
-got the buyer information
-confirmed his email in safe transfer by doing retrieve password

i tried to login to email*beta like so:

took the first part of buyers email (before the@)
and tried all passwords in the list - that didn’t work.
so i have tried to switch places of his first and last names, again with all passwords - that didn’t work either.

still haven’t read @dimooz spoiler, waiting to see if you @Mugiwara27 think it’s too much

kifkaf
5 years ago

still stuck…..
again what i have is:
bad guy’s email address from db of planet bid.
email and user name used in safe transfer.

SpiritCK
5 years ago

@kifkaf you’re missing just a piece of information then.

Try to redo all your step while looking not only the source code. What else do you know when you open a web page other than the source?

Forgive me if it still spoils too much. Other hint is, try to look through other thread in forum. One of those have what you need.

FYI, I also stucked in the same place as you did and there’s a hint in other thread.

kifkaf
5 years ago

thank you @SpiritCK i did not read your spoiler, but i have manage to think of something that gave me progress - got the

password list !!

don’t know how i haven’t thought of this before !!!

like @dimooz wrote in another thread
[quote=dimooz] This level requires some persistence I suppose [/quote]

once i’ll have some free time will try to make progress with the new information.

kifkaf

finally done…..although i got stuck on the last part.

by the way for the site developers - there should be another obvious step for this level :[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler]after trying to delete the retrieved password email from safe transfer ,

i found the a relevant answer in the forum which solved it.

dimooz
5 years ago

Congratulations! However try not to say too much here as you’re not in solutions thread.

kifkaf
5 years ago

thanks @dimooz,
i have edited the previous post.

dimooz
5 years ago

Thank you for that. Don’t hesitate to post your solution in the dedicated thread anyway.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 14

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss