Email password

Planet Bid

Raptor9824
5 years ago | edited 5 years ago

Ok so I gained access to the planet bid users_db and bid_db. (I’m guessing that there is a file/page with the username and password but i can’t find it)
I’ve sent a forgotten password request from safe transfer with the email ( j@.com) of the user ne.
Now I’ve tried at least 20 different with the username ne
*** on https://www.hackthis.co.uk/levels/extras/real/4/email_beta/. I’ve looked up the source code and the URL of every pages. I’ve tried to modify the URL like in the previous challenges but still nothing.

I read some thread and some users are talking about an MD5 hash file/page . How do you find it? (hints only please,)

3replies
3voices
224views
fred [feuerstein]
5 years ago

I’d guess you are using a wrong username there

ogMischieefMeow
4 years ago

[quote=author]A common password is the users real name, this obviously has its problems, but this is not as bad an idea as it first seems. The use of simple facts that you already know like names, birthdays, ages. These are all very poor passwords on there own but mix them up and you can come up with a killer combination that not only is secure but is also very easy to remember.[/quote]

Raptor9824
4 years ago

Thank y'all I’ve completed the challenge.>> try to change something at the end of the users database in the url

Reply has been removed
Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 4

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss