Privacy & Cookies

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
Forum Index

Sections

View

Filter topics in this section

Stats

Threads6,829
Posts56,139
Authors6,265

[sticky] Folding@Home

Off-topic > [sticky] Folding@Home

Help Stanford University scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, Parkinson's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

The problems we are trying to solve require so many calculations, we ask people to donate their unused computer power to crunch some of the numbers.

Folding@Home

Stats and Graphs

Want to join a team? Join our small team at 223679
    userbar.png
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 121 total)
  • jayssj11
    jayssj11's profile picture

i would join my schools computers for you . how do u like that ? and of course mine too
    JAYSSJ11- "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
  • ADIGA
    ADIGA's profile picture

downloaded, installed and joined the team

ill as my managers if i could run it on some of our servers too if that is ok with them .... 30+ servers with high specs can help a bit i think
    I Hate Signatures.
  • ADIGA
    ADIGA's profile picture

hmmm... CPU is at 792.9%
    How can this be? or is it because its 8 cores?
    I Hate Signatures.
  • 0xDC
    0xDC's profile picture

Installed it before I saw this post, just joined the group! Great initiative!
    /dev/null
  • ADIGA
    ADIGA's profile picture

hehe, just installed it on a linux server, but set is to mid, not high as here at home :P
    I Hate Signatures.
  • flabbyrabbit
    flabbyrabbit's profile picture

That is awesome I'm sure there are lots of people on this site who would be interested in joining us
    userbar.png
  • [deleted user]

Okay guys Joined the Folding@home Team set at Full. I only have a six core CPU at the moment but should be enough as the program is only 32 bit and my machine is 64. I see intel is bringing out the 8 core CPU(s) with hyper-threading enabled, therefore, boasting no less that 16 execution threads for the 8 core chips in the second half of 2014. They say the Haswell-E will be Intel's last and best offering using the 22 nm fabrication process. Can't wait!
  • ADIGA
    ADIGA's profile picture

ANONRA, from what you wrote i discovered i have not read any hardware related news for a very long time
    I Hate Signatures.
  • jayssj11
    jayssj11's profile picture

well i am waiting for it , i have to buy new hardwares for my pc or new pc . it is 7 years old
    JAYSSJ11- "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
  • Pinkponyprincess
    Pinkponyprincess's profile picture

I used to be on a similar project for creating a 3D simulation of the universe , i am downloading this one now seeing as i have cpu that is wasting away when i am at work
    up_7f2ab65523872274efa1562c81cc48de.jpg
    userbar.png http://LNK5.tk
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 121 total)