Folding@Home

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
10 years ago | edited 8 years ago

Help Stanford University scientists studying Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s, Parkinson’s, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

The problems we are trying to solve require so many calculations, we ask people to donate their unused computer power to crunch some of the numbers.

Folding@Home

Stats and Graphs

Want to join a team? Join our small team at 223679

124replies
60voices
1,252views
10images
jayssj11
10 years ago

i would join my schools computers for you . how do u like that ? and of course mine too :D

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

downloaded, installed and joined the team :)

ill as my managers if i could run it on some of our servers too if that is ok with them …. 30+ servers with high specs can help a bit i think :)

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

hmmm… CPU is at 792.9%
How can this be? or is it because its 8 cores?

0xDC
10 years ago

Installed it before I saw this post, just joined the group! Great initiative!

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

hehe, just installed it on a linux server, but set is to mid, not high as here at home :P

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
10 years ago

That is awesome :) I’m sure there are lots of people on this site who would be interested in joining us

[deleted user]
10 years ago

Okay guys Joined the Folding@home Team set at Full. I only have a six core CPU at the moment but should be enough as the program is only 32 bit and my machine is 64. I see intel is bringing out the 8 core CPU(s) with hyper-threading enabled, therefore, boasting no less that 16 execution threads for the 8 core chips in the second half of 2014. They say the Haswell-E will be Intel’s last and best offering using the 22 nm fabrication process. Can’t wait! :)

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

ANONRA, from what you wrote i discovered i have not read any hardware related news for a very long time :(

jayssj11
10 years ago

well i am waiting for it , i have to buy new hardwares for my pc or new pc . it is 7 years old

Pinkponyprincess
10 years ago

I used to be on a similar project for creating a 3D simulation of the universe , i am downloading this one now seeing as i have cpu that is wasting away when i am at work :)

maniac [VladimirVam]
10 years ago

im folding right now :)

0xDC
10 years ago

If anyone else is wondering why their GPU isn’t working (like I was) here’s why: you need to set the calculation speed to max.

csluyuan
10 years ago

I’m sure there are lots of people on this site who would be interested in joining us

Buy Fifa 14 Coins

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
10 years ago | edited 10 years ago

After a good few months of no activity (last WU 2013-05-28) , I’m finally in a position to start folding again, and this time with more power.

I was pleasantly surprised to find @ADIGA and ANONRA contributing to the team. And @flabbyrabbit continuing to process work units, well done.

I’ll be running on two (more to come), i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz and a Xeon CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, these will be running 24/7.

I’ve access to a lab full of machines, and will be bringing them online over the next month or so.

Lets try and get some more users going, @flabbyrabbit, maybe some form a medal to uses who contribute for over 6months, or some form of incentive?

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

Thought i could revice this … maybe it will pick up again …

2 replies have been removed
Pete Maynard [Osaka]
10 years ago

Please do, I’ve been running three machines for over a week now, and we’re slowly gaining higher in the ranks.

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

it seems that the linux client does not support gpu :(, even though mine is not that good, but it sure can do 10 times better than the cpu.

J [ColdIV]
10 years ago

My PC actually seems to be too bad to run this. I don’t get any progress…
Probably will try again as soon as I get my new PC.

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
10 years ago

What hardware do you have? It takes a while to get started, and every little bit helps, you should see how long flabby’s computer takes :P

Nighttshad3
10 years ago

Just started folding :) I’m setting up my second computer now.

Nighttshad3
10 years ago

Okay, I don’t know if I’ve set it up wrong but both computers aren’t making any progress and I also don’t seem to show up when I look at the team stuff either. I think I’ve either set it up wrong or my computers probably aren’t good enough to run this.

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

the upadate will take some time, besides its really slow, even on somewhat good computers.

guys i found a way to activate the GPU with the latest version of it (on linux).
if you have a GPU that has all the dirvers yet did not know how to use it or you are getting an error message about no jobs on server or something like that just drop me a note.

Reply has been removed
Nighttshad3
10 years ago

Yeah I got it working, just for some reason I’m not showing up on the team page.

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

it will show sometime with in the next 24 hours, do not worry

Nighttshad3
10 years ago

Okay awesome, that’s good to hear. I guess I’m just a little bit impatient ahah.

Nighttshad3
10 years ago

Okay, looks like it’s all working now :)

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
10 years ago

Well done, you’ve competed your first Work Unit.

You can track more detailed stats at kakaostats

Keep it up!! :)

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

for some reason i can not pin point, when ever i run CPU slot the computer restarts, currently working on GPU only :(

Nighttshad3
10 years ago

Yeah thanks :D

Pete Maynard [Osaka]

Argh, I’ve lost a few days of processing time on my good machine, looks like they had blocked the F@H client from connecting to the server, so I was unable to upload my results.

I’ve fixed this by throwing it through Privoxy and Tor, bit annoying though.

@ADIGA What level of power were you running it on? Sometimes I set mine to Idle or light. But be careful when changing it as some work units might fail if the processing level is changed whilst they are running.

*********** [ADIGA]
10 years ago

was running it on high and running the gpu only, could not run on cpu, when ever i set it to high the computer reboots.
kept it that way for around a week then the BIOS got fucked up and now can not run anything other than firefox and calculator :(

still working on it, this CMOS jumper thingy is a pain in the ass to get the right software installed on it.

should be able to run things smoothly with in the next few days … after i buy me another 3 power supplies :(
my current can not push the gpu to its limits and a 1000W power supply will be around 200-250$

so ill just by me 3 300W each for 30$ and find a way to run them all together and find a case to fit them in …

Pete Maynard [Osaka]

@ADIGA, that’s some bad news. I hope you get it fixed up soon.

@ANONRA @Nighttshad3 @wally - Hey were did you guys go, we had a nice little team going on for a few weeks. We were crunching some numbers.

I’ve lost my main machine due to a restart and not being able to get to it, very annoying.

Fireshard
10 years ago

Whaaaa…this is one old post. How come i’ve never seen it before?

Anyway, joining the team, despite my poorly “underdeveloped” laptop…It might as well work while i’m not working too :)

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
10 years ago

@Fireshard That’s good news, every little helps

Reply has been removed
VoidSignal
10 years ago

joined. great initiative! bioinformatics evolving :)

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
10 years ago

@VoidSignal - Well Done, you’ve completed some work units!! You’ve showed up on our stats, so consider this an official welcome :)

VoidSignal
10 years ago

thank you ;)

[deleted user]
10 years ago

I’ve joined the team as well.

Pete Maynard [Osaka]

@tlotr - Thank you to you as well.

Also welcome to @Fireshard and @Statey who have also just completed a few :)

Remember guys you can check your stats here, and can see what position you’re in. Thanks to you guys we have beaten our previous high score for a day!!

Now that we have more members we can compete, make sure to keep your machine online and keep your position!

Fireshard
10 years ago

Unfortunately I can’t keep my machine online at night. It’s noisy as hell when using it at full capacity…

Can’t wait to buy a new one…

Statey
10 years ago

ill mainly keep my laptop running during night and morning.

have to repair my computer first, when done it ll prolly be online 24/7 ;)

Reply has been removed
[deleted user]

**We need more computer power on here. You never know, a cure might just be found by your help and your spare computer time! So come on get involved!**
Luke [flabbyrabbit]
10 years ago

I need to get my machine back online or better still build a new one … yes that seems like a better idea!!

CygnusH33L
10 years ago

I used to do this on my PS3 but then it broke and I forgot about it. I’ve downloaded it again now :) Definitely worth doing.

[deleted user]

Hey Flabbyrabbit, Better to build a new one. I too am thinking of a new rig. Have been looking at the new 5Ghz 8 core chips by AMD.

There is a AMD FX-8350 Vishera 8 Core 4.0GHz | Asus M5A78L-M LX V2 | 4GB DDR3 BUNDLE on EBAY at 251.95
Item specifics
A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging
Motherboard Brand:ASUS
CPU Series: Vishera
Form Factor: microATX
CPU Clock Speed:4000
CPU Brand:AMD
Memory Type:4GB DDR3

There are some real cheap bundles on there flabby. Or there are some good ones at Aria.co.uk thay have a AMD FX-8 9370 Black Edition 8 Core AM3+ 4.7GHz Max Turbo OEM Processor. 177.71 inc. VAT - that’s the chip I am thinking of basing my next rig on.

Just need to get round the wife now as I will also need the motherboard, DDR3 RAM 8Gb and a nice Graphics card but a bit spoilt for choice on that one. My machine is getting a little tired as it is two years old next month.

Here’s its spec:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Ubuntu
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JIMMY-PC
System Manufacturer My own Build
System Model AMD FX™-6100 Six-Core Processor
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX™-6100 Six-Core Processor, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.30, 31/01/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “6.1.7601.17514”
User Name Jimmy-PC\Jimmy
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.76 GB
Total Virtual Memory 26.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 21.3 GB
Page File Space 18.0 GB
Page File D:\pagefile.sys
Graphics Card Name AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6819&SUBSYS_E218174B&REV_00\4&F1D09F1&0&0010
Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6819), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Adapter RAM (2,147,483,648) bytes
Installed Drivers aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver Version 13.251.0.0
INF File oem38.inf (ati2mtag_R575B section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 1024 x 768 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xFFFFFFFF
Memory Address 0xFEA00000-0xFEAFFFFF
I/O Port 0x0000E000-0x0000EFFF
IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967293
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6354, 611.50 KB (626,176 bytes), 06/12/2013 20:21)

Description Disk drive
Manufacturer (Standard disk drives)
Model Hitachi HDS5C3020ALA632 ATA Device
Size 1.82 TB (2,000,396,321,280 bytes)

Description Disk drive
Model SAMSUNG HD753LJ ATA Device
Size 698.64 GB (750,153,761,280 bytes)

Description Disk drive
Model WDC WD10EZRX-00A8LB0 ATA Device
Size 931.51 GB (1,000,202,273,280 bytes)

Description Disk drive
Model Generic Storage Device USB Device
Size 1Tb

Description Disk drive
Model Maxtor 6 E040L0 USB Device
Size 1 Tb

Description Disk drive
Model SAMSUNG HD250HJ USB Device
Size 232.88 GB (250,056,737,280 bytes)

Description Disk drive
Model Seagate Expansion Desk USB Device
Size 2.73 TB (3,000,582,144,000 bytes)

Description Disk drive
Model ST1000DL 002-9TT153 USB Device
Size 931.51 GB (1,000,202,273,280 bytes)

It has 8Gb RAM too. Will get it onto ebay or Preloved and see what I can get for it before upgrading. Hell I am rabbiting on again, sorry. Okay time for bed. Night all. :)

Pete Maynard [Osaka]

@flabbyrabbit you need to build a new computer within the week before ANONRA overtakes you :D

Over the past week we have had a quite a few members join, we are doing well, see the image below, but like ANONRA said we still need more power.

(Edit - removed graph, hot-linking :( you can see it here)

Erika [Asuni]
10 years ago

we could tell friends about this site

Elhitch
10 years ago

Wonderful. Too bad it isn’t working for me for some reason, but I’ll try to get it running.

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
10 years ago

@Asuni - Please do.

@Elhitch - What’s wrong with it? What OS are you running, any errors?

Erika [Asuni]
10 years ago

i actually have a friend that wants to learn so i told him about this site

[deleted user]

Hello all you computer whiz’s. Like Osaka said we need more of your computer spare time on our Foulding@Home group it costs you exactly nothing and you could help, even in a small way to save lives or at least make their last days a lot more comfortable.

We want more on our small team. There are thousands of you out there that use this site for your entertainment and it costs you nothing. We have only 12 members so far : Osaka - port_22 - flabbyrabbit - Adiga - VoidSignal - Nighttshad3 - CygnusH33L - Wally - tlotr - Statey - Fireshard And little old me ANONRA.

My machine is set to FULL and I see no change to what I am using my machine for. In fact, this machine I have right now is not only running the Folding@Home software, it is also running my Home CCTV equipment and 4 cameras. Downloading movies, watching movies at night in bed, accessing the internet and much, much more. So if my machine can do it I’m sure you wouldn’t miss a little CPU Speed it would take to run the Foulding@ Home software. Even as you sleep. I’m sure if you needed your parents permission to leave your machine running they would agree and say yes. So come check us out HERE @ our 223679 team Or the main website MAIN SITE HERE

Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

Hi ANONRA, Sorry not been on much but I’ll connect up with the Foulding@Home and help a little but my machine is only a small cheap laptop and it gets a bit hot after being on too much. But I will do my best. All in a good cause. Bye for now! :)

Reply has been removed
Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

Okay all done, up and running. Don’t know how long it will take for this first task but I’m having my tea and so I’ll leave it on full. Joined team 223679 but not showing on there as yet. Later bye!!

Elhitch
10 years ago

@Osaka I am running Windows XP SP 3. No errors are showing up, but what concerns me is that there is no visible progress. It says it’s running and consumes some CPU, but other things such as the progress bar don’t change. Perhaps I am rushing it a bit and should give it some time, but I’ll find out when I get back home.

4 replies have been removed
Susan S [Trinity]

Hey Elhitch, use the advanced control in the FAH Control. You will see the status and progress on there. Give it time and the progress will change and how much it changes is dictated by the Folding Power you select. Okay? :)

Elhitch
10 years ago

@Trinity I’ve already done that, lass. I let it work at Medium (or full, not sure) speed for about half an hour, not any progress at all shown neither by the Advanced or Web control. I am really doubting it’s actually doing anything.

Susan S [Trinity]
10 years ago

Hi Eljitch, I only have a small toshiba Portege R500 and its not very fast but it does it in the end but I had to leave it on all night too. I must get a faster machine. I’ll have to phone ANONRA as he built one for my Brother and it’s well quick. Just need to get the pennies saved for it though.

lucki58300
10 years ago

I joined the team. Hope it works !

Wallace-
10 years ago

This is a great initiative, i have joined the team. Folding has been initiated. :)

[deleted user]

Thanks Wallace and lucki58300 for joining the 223679 Folding@home Team but we need more of you guys to come join us. We only have 13 members and that’s not a good number so come on let’s have some more of your spare computing time. Trinity only has a small Toshiba Portege R500 that runs at 1.33GHz. It only has 2GB of memory and like Trinity says “its not very fast” but she is letting her wee machine run. Using its spare time for the 223679 Folding@home Team. :)

P.S. Hey Trinity, Your wee laptop has a fingerprint scanner built into the palm rest does it not? Nice and light wee machine as well!

kamzhik
10 years ago

This is the reason why i didn’t join. I have a 1.3 ghz hp too. Would that be of any help at all?

lucki58300
10 years ago

ANONRA, we are more than 13 in the team. In the stats , I don’t see my name in the team. So we are 14 at least. But I don’t know why I don’t appear in the team ( in my “identity”, I wrote 223679 in the square “ Team # ” )

lucki58300
10 years ago

Ah ! I know, it’s probably because I still don’t have finished one WU.

Fireshard

@lucki58300 The reason is that you probably didn’t solve a whole work unit(WUs) yet. That can take from a few hours to several days (my last completed module took over a week, actually). Don’t lose heart and keep doing it ;)

@kamzhik It doesn’t really matter. It will just take longer for you to complete work, but you will be helping :) And that’s what matters, after all, is it not? :)

[deleted user]

Correct you haven’t completed a work unit yet. You’ll get there in the end mate! lol :)
Hey kamzhik, like lucki58300 said, “ It doesn’t really matter. It will just take longer for you to complete a work unit, that’s all and all you need do is leave your machine on overnight when you are not using it and set it to full and when you are using it turn it down a bit. Trinity’s is only a small machine and so far she has only done 1 unit but at least she is contributing. So don’t worry if your machine is a little slow, everything helps. Okay mate?

Reply has been removed
kamzhik
10 years ago

I shall do that ;) Joining now.

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
10 years ago

@kamzhik That’s great news, welcome :D

Wallace-
10 years ago

Yay! First WU complete and on the team list! now to just let this roll forever… might have two or three more computers getting involved from my end. Well i will hope and see what more i can do :)

[deleted user]

**kamzhik [color="yellow"]That's great news mate, welcome to the team! ** :)
Nighttshad3
10 years ago

I should really get my computer up and running again for this. Haven’t fixed the computer I was running it on yet. Hopefully I’ll be back up tomorrow sometime :)

Reply has been removed
[deleted user]

**We have got better on here. Here another 200,000, certificate:**

[IAmDevil]
10 years ago

Well i can’t be a part due to my internet ’s on and off situation. But that’s a great achievement. Congratulations team Macak.

[deleted user]
9 years ago | edited 9 years ago

Team Macak, 44 Lakhs.

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
9 years ago

@IAmDevil You don’t need a constant internet connection, it will connect to the internet once, get the instructions then once it has completed upload its results.

kamzhik
9 years ago

Guys, I’m sorry I stopped folding, but my battery was ruined. Now my laptop turns off at 60% when not plugged in. I knew my laptop was a piece of crap, but not this much. I have to get a new one though.

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
9 years ago

@kamzhik - That’s not good.

Does your laptop work with just the power cord in, If I leave my laptop on I like to remove the battery and just run it from the mains.

What laptop are you thinking to get, or maybe you could get a replacement battery pack from ebay or something.

kamzhik
9 years ago

Osaka, it works even without the power cord in, but only for a short time. I was thinking of getting a new battery, hoping that would solve my problem.

[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

Thats sad @kamzhik ! Yes using a power cord during long working hours is a must! As we know its after all a laptop.
Yes @Osaka I get what you mean, but my internet is like I have the wire sometimes or not! :(

[deleted user]

Modern laptop batteries are Lithium ION and are NOT affected by constant charging and recharging. Although they do wear out just like any battery. Also modern laptops have special circuit that prevents overcharging.

You can have your laptop plugged into power and use it just like the desk top without a battery installed with NO problems. Some times this too will help your battery, as too much heat can also reduce your batteries life span, I would like to say, that if you only run the laptop without a battery, possibly consider selling it and getting a desktop - you could probably get something a lot more powerful for the same money!

Reply has been removed
kamzhik
9 years ago

Thanks for the advice! ;)

Elhitch
9 years ago

A little bit off topic, but I wish to thank @ANONRA for the info. I was worried to keep my new (and first) lap top constantly plugged in, but now I feel quite comfortable with that. II’ll try running folding@home as soon as I establish an internet connection.

[deleted user]
9 years ago

Hey guys you are welcome, just glad I could shed some light on the use or non use of a laptop battery.
Happy Hackin' :)

[deleted user]
9 years ago

I won’t be able to use FAH for couple of weeks.

? [dfalcon]
9 years ago

i might be able to supply my computer

[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

Haha yes the more the better @dfalcon . I’m too soon seeing to join the team! ?

? [dfalcon]
9 years ago

so how do you join?

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
9 years ago

@dfalcon follow the instructions on http://folding.stanford.edu/ our team number is 223679

We look forward to you joining :)

? [dfalcon]
9 years ago

my computer wont accept the download file. what should i do?

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
9 years ago

What do you mean won’t accept? What’s the error message?

It should be straight forward install, check the folding at home FAQ

[deleted user]

@dfalcon : Are you using Windows or Linux?

PS: I’m back.

? [dfalcon]
9 years ago

neither. im using a mac. i didnt work

[deleted user]
9 years ago

It’s a .exe file so I don’t think it will work on a Mac. You will have to google it and find a way to install .exe files on Mac if it is even possible.

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago

F@H works natively on Mac, just download the right file to start with. There is a guide for OSX here https://folding.stanford.edu/home/guide/osx-install-guide/

? [dfalcon]
9 years ago

ill check it out

? [dfalcon]
9 years ago

got it installed and running!

[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

Hmm…someone intentionally gave @tlotr negative karmas? If yes thats really stupid cus he never poster anything offensive! :/

? [dfalcon]
9 years ago

people do that all the time. get used to it

? [dfalcon]
9 years ago

so how much data does this program run through my computer?

[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

Hmm I’ve not tried it yet, but i think the work load increases as you complete the given target! Like the second processing units are greater that the first one! I may be totally wrong here. :p

3 replies have been removed
Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago

I’ll be back online soon :D

![Image](http://i.imgur.com/jsLjMyt.jpg)
[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

lol what happened? Something burnt? or a big blast ! :p

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago

Full upgrade :)

[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

Oh i see! What all are you planning to put?

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago

i5 4670k, 8gb 1600MHz, 128gb SSD, H75 cooler, GIGABYTE Z87X mobo

[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

Holy Moly Guccamole thats some high specs! No GPU change though. Btw nice SSD. :)

Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago

:D today is a good day. I am going to save up a bit of money before I buy a GPU

[IAmDevil]
9 years ago

Haha that many specs would have already tore my pockets! Good luck. :p

CygnusH33L
9 years ago

I’ve just started folding again, I restored my laptop the other week and forgot to set this back up - thought my laptop was quiet :P

Jarno
9 years ago

I just started folding :D. I also joinend the team.

Reply has been removed

i joined the team and i am now folding :) only using my backup laptop im penny less at the moment so running it on my toshiba sattelite p200-1ee processor: intel core 2 duo cpu t5750 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
ram: 6.00GB (5.00GB usable)

that flabby is one sexy piece of equiptment im after the alienware 17 processor: 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4910MQ processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.1GHz)

video card:AMD Radeon R9 M290X with 4GB GDDR5

ram:16GB DDR3L at 1600MHz (2 x 8G)

External Chassis Connections
(1x) Power/DC-in Jack
(1x) RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet IPv6 (3x) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Ports
(1x) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Port with PowerShare Technology
(1x) Mini-Display Port
(1x) HDMI 1.4 Output / 1.3 Input
(1x) 7-in-1 Media Card Reader
(2x) Audio Out 1/8" Ports (One compatible with inline mic headset)
(1x) Line In Microphone 1/8" Port (retaskable for 5.1 analog audio output)
(1x) Kensington Security Lock port (cable and lock sold separately)

Exterior Chassis Materials
Anodized Aluminum
Magnesium Alloy

Keyboard
4-Zone, multi-color RGB, keyboard with AlienFX lighting controls and numeric keypad
4 user-programmable keys providing up to 4 distinct functions per application or game

Memory Slots
4x 204-Pin DDR3L SO-DIMM SDRAM Slots

Software
Alienware Command Center
AlienFX
AlienTouch
AlienFusion
AlienAdrenaline w/ Accelerator
Alienware TactX

Touchpad
Backlit button image sensor trackpad with all-points addressable (APA)

Kabalion [Slyfox23]
9 years ago

just joined the team. i think its great . Going to start folding now and spread the word to others to help this awesome cause.

3 replies have been removed
YuMan [Flosh]
9 years ago

hummm Why not …

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
9 years ago

Hey welcome new people, glad to see you :)

Due to PAT testing and power outages, three of my machines went offline for 3-4 days and one for a day. So as you can see below, not healthy for my stats. :D

I took this chance to do some much needed updates, and they should all be back up and running in no time. Though the nice fast SSD, pictured in the bottom right, does have some issues.

Pete Maynard [Osaka]
9 years ago

This is what folding is about XKCD style :D

http://xkcd.com/1430/

Reply has been removed
Luke [flabbyrabbit]
9 years ago

I wonder if you could fold on Intel’s Xeon Phi.

They are down from $1695 to $185 (crazy) - http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTgzNjY. I want one just to have one.

5 replies have been removed
BlackBox [Ransetsu]
9 years ago

now folding with a core i7 4700MQ @ 2.4 GHz and dual GeForce gt 750 m’s

7 replies have been removed

I am quite late to see the post, but finally joined. Great initiative. :)

Smyler [WHGhost]
7 years ago

I think I gonna install this on my server, it’s a very good idea!

Margus [modulo-]
7 years ago

Is the team dead?
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223679
This stats page says last contributions were in late August.
Anyhow, joined the team with a few lab computers. I think a Xeon (and a weak GPU) and 3 i7s.

Arch [JustMeThe_]
6 years ago

What is The Requirement for join a Team

Reply has been removed
Margus [modulo-]
5 years ago

IIRC you simply set the team ID and start computing. It’s been a while

LostInBans [God86545]
5 years ago

This is E P I C

4 replies have been removed
Pete Maynard [Osaka]
4 years ago

Lets get folding for DtW!

Reply has been removed
You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 125

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss