What Keeps You From Illegal Hacking? (If anything)

ChrisCode333
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Hello everyone, a bit of an off-topic question here. I’m just curious what motivates you guys to hack “for good.” For the more advanced hackers out there, is it difficult at times not to use your refined skills for malicious or personal gain? If so, how do you avoid slipping into the dark side of computer hacking?

8replies
9voices
230views
dloser
6 years ago

What keeps people from doing other illegal things?

You might know how to kill someone, but what stops you from doing that for personal gain? Most of us (well speaking at least myself) are just interested in it.

tehron
6 years ago

Lacking skills

L00PeR
6 years ago

Well, I don’t think I would be very comfortable on prison xD

Time Void [Chronon]
6 years ago

It’s a basically a play between empathy and sympathy, as a human we are.

With empathy, we understand people and ourselves. With sympathy you’ll feel the sorrow of people. Those 2 are things that keeps us human. Imagine a world without these two.

Starman11

Because I simply don’t want to. For the same reason I don’t want to kill someone. I want to use my knowledge for the good, to help improve technology and progress further. I admit when I was a script kiddie I was a bit stupid and tried a few things I probably shouldn’t. On that note, I like to think of myself as a white hat hacker.

The only time I WOULD illegally hack is to help defeat the real bad guys who want to cause damage and destruction. Anonymous are hacktivists, they hack for politicial causes, but for the right reasons

p13rc3R1d3r

Know the consequences NO MATTER WHAT THE HELL YOU GAIN FROM BEING A BLACK HAT , FOR PERSONAL GAIN
LAW AND ORDER WILL STILL CHASE BEHIND YOU .

At Last , You will be Prosecuted or get caught by the authorities making the personal gain nothing but a big round Zero,
Being a Black hat is same as being a thief who always hurt anyone In his way for his own Personal gain

In short,

“BE THE CHANGE,YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD”
-Mahatma Gandhi

Don’t be an Illegal Jerk Who Makes someone’s life miserable

Emil8250
6 years ago

Well if I had the skills to actually do some damage on live systems, I’d still not do it.
I think it’s interesting to look for flaws in systems, and improve then plus I’ve recently analysed my first memory dump, which was actually more fun than I anticipated :-)

Discussion thread has been locked. You can no longer add new posts.
1 of 9

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss