Mr. Robot

x2600
7 years ago

This is a tv series that began in 2015. Has anyone here seen it? If so, what do you think? I’ve actually enjoyed it so far. While it isn’t super accurate, there are many accurate references to the community. Oh… and lots of easter eggs!

57replies
27voices
734views
1image
jkrsn
7 years ago

It might not be very accurate but it is better than CSI:Cyber in terms of story.

I watch this “show”

x2600
7 years ago

This is probably the most accurate depiction of some parts of hacker culture IMO. I agree, definitely better than CSI.

Blanc0hat [blanc0hat]
7 years ago

me too .. love this show. But due to the demise of torrents, I’m not able to download it :D

TactLesss
7 years ago

Started watching yesterday, loving it so far!

anyone here watched “Whoami”

x2600
7 years ago

Did you guys see the latest episode? That easter egg with the .onion site?

tl0tr
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

Aren’t we all a bit paranoid ?

f0rk [HackingGuy]
7 years ago

I haven’t seen the show, but if you have that full .onion URL I’d love to check it out ! :)

TactLesss
7 years ago

Visit kakitube.com most the episodes are on there. you can download them too. Enjoy!

tl0tr
7 years ago

You can also use proxy url’s to access torrent websites to download. Enjoy…

x2600

midcityp3cw5zldy.onion is the address. Probably not real based on the url having words in it.

x2600
7 years ago

From what I can see him typing-

Username = dread_pirate_roberts /// or /// dread_pirate_rober1
Password is seven or eight characters

Captcha = p7n3eu

i cant understand one thing that how did his “dictionary attack ” is always successful

x2600
7 years ago

lmao! ^^ because he’s just that 31337 h4x0r. ;)

dloser
7 years ago

Pfff.. just a matter of having a big enough dict…

x2600
7 years ago

dict so big, it’s like a rainbow.

vileplayer1
7 years ago

Guys, there is one interesting fact about this movie. The main character is a briliant hacker, and he smokes ciggs. Im kinda hacker, too and i smoke ciggs as well :) . Don’t we have smth in common? :P

SIGKILL [r4v463]
7 years ago

I don’t know, do you have a big dict too ?

f0rk [HackingGuy]
7 years ago

I think you all are just compensating for something…

tl0tr
7 years ago

Has anyone watched Person Of Interest ?

f0rk [HackingGuy]
7 years ago

I’ve seen it a few times. I like that its based on trapwire :)

Tearzzz
7 years ago

LOVE THIS TV SHOW

Vibhakar Solanki [gala]

season 3 is on the way
changed my profile pic same font
download font
here

and i found out how his dictionary attack were so successful

destinymisa
7 years ago

:p who’s watchin???

tl0tr
7 years ago

I am watching Scorpion

dimooz
7 years ago

What I like in Mr Robot are the names of each episode.. still related to hacking techniques :)

Oteg [oteg]
7 years ago

I love it because its uses real life techniques.
In Hungary there were a Hacker Series, “Hacktion”. If somebody can speak hungarian, it worth to watch at least 1 episode, because its very funny. :D Not exists methods, and impossible ways. Really funny.

dimooz
7 years ago

Do you think it’s possible to get it with en subtitles?

Oteg [oteg]

I searched for an hour, but I can’t find subtitles for Hacktion. :(
But its worth to watch at least one episode. Its funny, when people who don’t know anything about hacking, but they make a 6 series about it.
The funniest scene for me:
hidden police organization try to hack into a parking lot camera system
Implementation:
Wireshark in the background, and type some code(www.hackertyper.com). And the girl said: “I hope there are a security guy who chatting. ”(or something like that)
About 15 seconds later, they are inside.

And I just thinking about my life,for a while.
(Sorry for my English knowledge)

dimooz
7 years ago

www.hackertyper.com : funny, I didn’t know that exists… it made me laugh a little ^^

Oteg [oteg]
7 years ago

haha :D

mr_robot-
7 years ago

you guys can download popcorn time and watch it, it’s really easy.
https://www.popcorntime.ws/download
[leT tHe NeT bE iN eVeR yOuR fAvOuR.]

Season 3 premieres on October 11th if anybody is still interested in this series :D

Lord Hack [lordhack]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Hello friend,
this series is good but is ‘media’, i like more documentary about real hackers. I dont like the ‘system’ …and dont like netflix and tv. Books are better and so more cult.

dobinoo
6 years ago

[quote=lordhack]Hello friend,
this series is good but is ‘media’, i like more documentary about real hackers. I dont like the ‘system’ …and dont like netflix and tv. Books are better and so more cult. [/quote]

yea you are right ,but the series is really really good. I really appreciate work what is done behind the scene like they know what they are talking about + actors are pretty good too. I never thought that Rami Malek can be so good in his role, just friendly reminder he played egyptian faraon in Night in Museum :D

Micr0n [micr0n]
6 years ago

The season 3 have started just yesterday, 11 of October, for those who are waiting

x2600
6 years ago

Books are great. Articles written by hackers are even better. Hacker magazines from back in the day can be found at certain places on the web. Many such magazines really embody the culture of hackers. 2600 has a long-standing reputation as a good zine. I haven’t read it lately, but it was my goto magazine for a while.

WARNING POTENTIAL SPOILERS**

So just a little opinion on the first episode :p I really enjoyed the new character (Irving) played by Bobby Cannavale, he has a very cool attitude but also is defiantly somebody who will do the dirty work and I enjoyed this new dynamic. I must say the episode seemed to give me a chance to catch my breath before throwing another curveball and leaving me holding it again which is originally why I enjoyed the series. However and this is a big however, I am unsure if the series is about to go to sci-fi genre as there appears to be some talk about “going back in time” as we see Whiterose in a hyperloop looking machine with a scientist talking about a parallel universe. I know time travel and parallel universe travel is different but Angela Moss keeps referring to going back to a time before E-Corp had done its damage. Once again I am making an assumption to say that it may be the case they are going to travel to other parallel universes which is still in an earlier instance to Earth and E-corp hasn’t killed Elliot and Angela’s parents. If my far-fetched theory turns out to be true I think I’ll just start with Narcos.

Anyway give me your thoughts, tell me if you think I could be right or I should just f*** off with this stupid idea :P

fred [feuerstein]
6 years ago

the message is clear.. hacking leads to death ;)

juniorlef11
6 years ago

Mr.Robot is BROKEN!!!
“FK SOCIETY”

SilentKiller44
6 years ago

Maybe there will be a time travel concept in Mr Robot so that he can undo the damage

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
6 years ago

Don’t you think that’s a little too much ? :p

SilentKiller44
6 years ago

I am not saying that but the show is indicating something like that in recent episodes

x2600
6 years ago

Like he’s super crazy and the entire thing has been in his head the whole time.

SilentKiller44
6 years ago

that maybe one of possibility

Mugi [Mugiwara27]
6 years ago

Oh, like waking up from a big dream or something like that yeah, could be true but that’s a little too much I think

Vibhakar Solanki [gala]

Spoiler Alert

[quote=Wikipedia]After arriving home, getting the jacket back and reinstalling his computer, he notices an old message sent from Trenton before her death, saying that there is a way to undo the hack.[/quote]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mr._Robot_episodes#ep30

Spoiler Image

<!- Image -!>

fred [feuerstein]

just watched the new episode :D am excited :)

xSharki
6 years ago

For goodness shakeeeeeeeee, Darlene and Dom what a beautiful couple! <3

SilentKiller44
6 years ago

so stage 3 has already begin

dobinoo
6 years ago

[quote=xSharki]For goodness shakeeeeeeeee, Darlene and Dom what a beautiful couple! [/quote]
Yea , they are pretty good :) and i think that was the best epizode of whole Mr. Robot :)

I loved all the characters not tyrell wellick because he is a villain, but I increased experience in penetrating and got a lot of ideas and changed my philosophy :p

dobinoo
5 years ago

Hey guys, does somebody know when the last series start ?

2 replies have been removed
Shub_s
4 years ago

It’s really a good show to watch for

@dobinoo this fall
and teaser is out

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 58

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss