Silicon Valley - TV show

4dl0lz
6 years ago

Not a film but a highly accurate and very funny TV show on HBO. Set in a hacker hostel and based on a team of developers trying to turn their compression algorithm into a startup, in Silicon Valley.

I loved this show and I was wondering how the HackThis community have taken to it? Surely you loved it too, or not!?!?!

Season 5 comes out March 25th!

2replies
3voices
180views
crua9
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

It’s OK. It doesn’t focus really at all on security. And it even stays mostly away from coding. Like you might hear it reference that the code is broke, this needs to be coded in, or something like that. But it doesn’t get into the weeds.
I see the show more than less on startups. Like the office politics, funding, dealing with idiots, dealing with legal, and stuff like that. I’m not a major fan of the show or anything like that. But I watch it when it’s on. I’ve been around startups and with major companies. It’s mostly insulting on bigger company CEO’s, but the backstabbing and stuff like that is kinda real.

My fav quote is from the The Founder movie. “If any of my competitors were drowning, I’d stick a hose in their mouth and turn on the water. It is ridiculous to call this an industry. This is not. This is rat eat rat, dog eat dog. I’ll kill ‘em, and I’m going to kill 'em before they kill me. You’re talking about the American way of survival of the fittest. Can you do that?”
This is how things are in the real world.

Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago

I have not watched TV for years now :D

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 3

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss