Uplink by introversion

dimooz
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

Has anyone already play this game? If yes, have you finished it?
https://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink/

(rather old but pretty fun)

19replies
10voices
273views
Smyler [WHGhost]
7 years ago

Never heard about…

dimooz
7 years ago

I’ve just added the link to the game in the topic..

dimooz
7 years ago

I really liked this game when it came out, nobody seems to even know it exists.. I’d love to get some feedback about it from other challengers, if any of you could just give it a little try…

tl0tr
7 years ago

Looks like an interesting game. Gonna check it out… Thanks for sharing the link…

tl0tr
7 years ago

Downloaded the demo version and have started playing it. So far it seems to be quite Okay…

dimooz
7 years ago

I never finished it totaly.. just gone far in the game.

dimooz
7 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Did somebody else try this game?

Reply has been removed
Codner
6 years ago

Does anybody know www.hackthissite.org ?

dloser
6 years ago

@Codner**: Try looking in Hacking & Security - Web Hacking & War Games. I’m sure it is mentioned there. It is also a better place to post about it than this thread about a specific and unrelated game.

Codner
6 years ago

ok ok

If you liked Uplink might want to take a look at Hacknet. It’s a little bit more command-line based than Uplink is and the commands are mostly *nix based.

The name rings a bell, I think I’ve played it like 15 years ago or so. Didn’t really like it

But it was only released in 2015… A-are you a time traveler? :o

Ice Booda [0x1ceb00da]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

2015? Is it a remake then? Or am I mixing things up, would swear there was a game named uplink somewhere around 2000

edit

According to wikipedia
[quote=Wikipedia]Uplink is a video game released in 2001 by the British software company Introversion Software. It is best described as a simulator of the cinematic depiction of computer hacking.[/quote]

Ahh, I thought you were talking about Hacknet sorry :/

Seems to happen a lot with me that people think I’m talking about something else :) Maybe I should be more clear about what I’m talking about

It’s all good, it was just directly after I had made a post talking about Hacknet was all.

SIGKILL [r4v463]
6 years ago

I’ve tried this game during like 1 hour and I was soooo bored, because you do the same thing everytime.

Yeah I find a lot of “Hacking Sims” to be like that. I guess it’s a trade off for trying to keep it simple enough for normal players to enjoy, but trying to make it realistic. I usually play for the interactive story/stories than the gameplay itself as it’s usually quite repetitive with a slow, minimal change.

3 replies have been removed
You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 20

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss