TASKKILL (DOS) - There is no password in target pc

I was using TASKKILL to kill a task of a connected pc but there is no password in target pc, now what argument shall i pass? If i keep it blank it prompts for password and if i just press enter, it says, “Login Failed”

3replies
3voices
257views
tl0tr
7 years ago

I don’t think you can do it without a password. I might be wrong though. You can always add a password and then use the taskkill command and then remove the password.

now what sense that makes? i will tell my brother that plz put a password and tell me cuz i want to tease you

Lukasz Tylmanowski [Tylman]
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

Hmm… I thought you could just exclude the /p switch when running commands on machine’s with no password as it should only prompt for password if this argument is omitted, other wise will fail or succeed depending on whether or not password is required.

Have you tried using PSKILL, this can operate remotely across a network/server and is not required to be installed on the target machine to work, this may be able to achieve your required results.

Please let me know how you get on.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 4

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss