Reversing the Onion Protocol

f0rk [HackingGuy]
7 years ago

Hey guys :)

I have been venturing further into the wonderful world of reverse engineering and malware analysis recently and was wondering if anyone wanted to start a project in which we create our own GitHub repository filled with research over the Onion protocol.

We could start by doing simple googling and stuff, and then move on to reversing the protocol.

We could even create our own target to sniff traffic on (thanks for the article jayssj11!).

Anyone down?

9replies
6voices
251views
Nastyblood
7 years ago

This sounds really interesting to me , but unfortunately im a beginner….
Idk how much i can help.

f0rk [HackingGuy]
7 years ago

Just google ‘software reverse engineering’ for links and stuff.
I also have a TON of websites and tutorials and books. If you are serious about learning, just PM me ;)

djromchik
6 years ago

Yes, this is very interesting. I am going to watch this thread.
Hopefully I can learn something from the pros.

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

Nothing happened since the thread was created almost one year ago, so you can watch it, but the project is probably dead. What about it, @HackingGuy ?

Darwin [DIDIx13]
6 years ago

Project still up ? @HackingGuy

f0rk [HackingGuy]
6 years ago

Yeah, but I never really got any anyone involved in the first place so it hasn’t started yet. I was hoping to start a Github repo to house the research, which btw would have to be very well documented. I’ll start one as soon as I get confirmation that people are devoted to the cause ;P

script01
6 years ago

AM IN

djromchik
6 years ago

Let’s get it started. I’m in as well.

f0rk [HackingGuy]
6 years ago

Sorry for the late response guys, had school and then AoC to get excited about.

But anyways, here’s that repository.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 10

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss