Build your own PC

mjacketta9154
7 years ago

Hello everyone i am wanting to build a computer for programming because my school issued Chromebook developer tools have been blocked. I have $300 to spend on parts and have a general idea of what I want to build but I want other peoples options on what they would do and what parts they would use, or if they would just buy a new computer.

8replies
5voices
226views
Smyler [WHGhost]
7 years ago

Are you only going to do some programming, or also some gaming, video-editing, or any resource demanding task?

b1nary
7 years ago

pcpartpicker is your friend

mjacketta9154
7 years ago

I mostly want monogramming and video editing not so much gaming what direction would you go in?

dimooz
7 years ago

video-editing? look for lot of ram and a good video-card. Do you think to a laptop or a desktop config?

mjacketta9154
7 years ago

Desktop because I can get better parts for less, and for more more ram what processor would be fairly good and cheap?

dimooz
7 years ago | edited 7 years ago

Amd ones are cheaper but need better coolers than Intels. I’ve got a Phenom II 4 x 3,2Ghz, oc to 3,6Ghz, that works really fine.

? [stefanking56]
7 years ago

Since your budget is 300$ I would strongly advise going with second-hand parts.
Depending on where you live, a decent cpu+gpu can be well over 300$.
If you have already have an old PC you can salvage your current case to save ~20$ bucks.

Also @dimooz
[quote=dimooz]Amd ones are cheaper but need better coolers than Intels. I’ve got a Phenom II 4 x 3,2GB, oc to 3,6GB, that works really fine.[/quote]
You mean GHz instead of GB?

dimooz
7 years ago

Yes you’re right, GHz instead of GB ^^ sorry

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 9

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss