change wlp2s0 to wlan on ubuntu 16.04

Sensei
6 years ago

Hi I am on ubuntu 16.04 and my network interface is wlp2s0 which makes network attacks impossible whose functionality is wifite or aircrack-ng … scan only wlan. All the helpers will use me to change wlp2s0 to wlan. thank you

14replies
3voices
2,107views
Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

Ubuntu follows a new naming scheme where wlan0 is wlp2s0 (or something like that, it depends directly of the hardware if I remember correctly), when Kali doesn’t, so if you are trying to follow a tutorial for Kali, it’s just a name and you can change it in your commands parameters most of the time.
For example, this should work fine: airmon-ng start wlp2s0

If you really want to, you can probably mess with your configuration files but I would not recommend doing so, there is no reason it doesn’t work because of the name.

Sensei
6 years ago

Thanks but are not there any other programs than aircrack-ng to attacked a wireless network?

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

Sure, I don’t know really know as I have only used aircrack yet, but a quick search about it should have some results.

Sensei
6 years ago

are you on kali?

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

Arch linux, why?

Sensei
6 years ago

I ask this because I had used kali linux for a while but kali linux does not have a wireless network interface

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

It’s not the OS which has a wireless interface or not, it’s you computer, if you have one working in Ubuntu, there is no reason you can’t see it in Kali

Sensei
6 years ago

I installed ubuntu in dual boot with win 10 and with ubuntu, there is a parameter that allows to use the peripheries network of windows so much that on kali it did not work

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

You mean you have Kali, Ubuntu and W10 in dual boot and only Kali doesn’t have an interface?
I installed Ubuntu quite a few time and I can’t see what you are speaking about, never heard of this “Windows peripherals” parameter and I can’t see why it would exist as Linux has native support for wireless cards…
Maybe someone with more experience can help, I feel like I have a lot to learn around here.

Sensei
6 years ago

Tell me if on arch linux you have wlan as a wireless network interface?

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

No, it follows new system-d names, but I have no problem turning it into monitor mod, I don’t know where your problem is, but it does not come from the name of the interface if you enter the correct one in your commands.

Sensei
6 years ago

This discussion with you helped me a lot

Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

Is it working?

Sensei
6 years ago

add me as friend

Reply has been removed
You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 15

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss