Ddosed: Problem, please help.

GajeelRedfox
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

I play a lot of a game called Gmod, which allows a player to go on multiple different game modes. It also allows you to create your own servers and communities. Something that has been happening recently with one server in particular that I’ve noticed is that it’s being attacked with a Ddos attack. Does anyone have a way to stop, interrupt or prevent this issue from happening or these kind of attacks from happening? I’ve had a look around and can’t seem to find much in the ways of solutions. If you can help it would be appreciated thank you.

5replies
6voices
208views
SilentKiller44
6 years ago

Cloudfare and Captcha verification helps your website to defend against DDoS attacks. For game servers there are services like Amazon Gamelift that can prevent DDoS attacks and also upgrading your game hosting plans like increasing the ram and bandwidth can consume DDoS attacks.

GajeelRedfox
6 years ago

I did have a look at third party protection, I don’t understand why this server doesn’t have it as it’s a huge problem right now. Thank you.

SilentKiller44
6 years ago

Don’t worry DDoS attack are for short times, It will soon recover.

7 replies have been removed
Smyler [WHGhost]
6 years ago

You can try blocking the IP.
The solution depends on how much control the host provider gives you over your server.

Elhitch
6 years ago | edited 6 years ago

Apart from CloudFlare, I’d recommend you to take a look at fail2ban. Unfortunately, manually blocking IP addresses wouldn’t help you as some stubborn attackers wouldn’t stop just because their current IP address is blocked - fail2ban could automatically take care of this for you.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. Login
1 of 6

This site only uses cookies that are essential for the functionality of this website. Cookies are not used for tracking or marketing purposes.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service.

Dismiss